THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

12.10.2009

Amidst the beauty

When I look around at all of this, this silliness, I can't help but feel a bit detached.
It's not because I don't care. By no means. Quite the opposite.
It's because everything is so beautiful.
I don't want to be caught up in enjoying one beautiful thing while missing out on another.
I don't want to get dizzied and overwhelmed whilst standing in midst of organic chaos.
Rather I remove myself. Somewhat. Though not all of the way. I must still feel active, alive.
And in taking myself just far enough away from everything to see it all, as if seeing one's whole house and yard from an airplane, I am permitted to revel in the simultaneous beauty with near absolute surrender.

I take it all in; the warmth of the people and situations and places softening the hair on my arms; the bursting palette of shades and textures making my pupils shrink; the smell of crisp, open freshness rejuvenating me like waking up with the sun in the middle of the woods; the clamorous cacophony of every word, wind, and drip blending into the faux ocean waves of tv snow.

Where might I find myself if suddenly reinserted into some part of the whole picture?
In an ethereal version of Where's Waldo I would look for my hair above the jostling throng.
And I wouldn't find myself. At least not my body. But somehow, amidst all of the untamed intricacy of the masterpiece, I know without doubt it is where I belong.

0 reaction(s):