THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

2.24.2009

How did I know?

Whenever I feel like things are getting so terribly rotten that I won't be able to stomach eating my way out of them, some random happenstance affects my whole perspective and I'm allowed to let go of the ever-present tension in my stomach and just relax into the normalcy of life.

And then something poisons that and I'm flung into despair all over again.

And then I'm happy.

And then I'm sad.

Are you seeing the same innocuous pattern I am?

I guess what's becoming so overwhelming is the idea that this rise-and-fall roller coaster won't ever stop. And once you've been on the same ride for, oh, I don't know, let's say 47 go-arounds, it sort of loses its thrill.

I'm at the point where the sharp drops and dizzying spins no longer hold any anticipatory excitement for me.
I just dread the next nice day for whatever horror will doubtless follow.

This is getting silly.

1 reaction(s):

E.Iguana said...

I share in these same thoughts.

There's a poem about The Study of a Wave and how it's the life cycle.

When
nothing
is happening
then
something is
getting
ready to
happen
and
when
nothing is
happening
then
something
is
going
to
happen

Something to that effect. Though I failed miserably, but despite that! What I'm trying to get at is life is this cycle. The flow of a wave or the setting of the sun. Enjoy the good while it lasts and try to live out the bad.

I think you're doing a beautiful job. At least in the literary sense.