THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

8.06.2009

The moment I first realized just how beautiful you are

There was something tragic about
the moment I first realized just how beautiful you are.

We couldn't have been more sincere and I couldn't have been more broken.
The desk where my hands were busy became the altar of my dignity as I felt your words squeeze from the tiny spaces behind my eyes.

I wanted so badly to start bleeding.
To show you with my insides what I felt as your gentle secrets painted the skin and bones of my ears.
They're such little bones.
And now they're just like you.
Little and beautiful.
And broken.

I don't think they'll ever work as well as they did before they knew you.
I don't think I'll ever work as well as I did before I knew you.

Couldn't you just stay?
You could live in my closet or even in my bathroom.
I would make room out of anything I didn't need to fill.

You'd be so welcome.
You're always so welcome now.
And to think I thought you were welcome before.

0 reaction(s):