THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

11.03.2008

Reminiscing

Riffling through an envelope of old scraps and sundries I was pleased to come across this poem I scribbled on a napkin more than a year ago.

I felt it deserved a place in this, my online annals of pondering and prose.


"Consideration" - 8/18/07

While rude people are annoying, those who don't realize their rudeness tend to be so much more aggravating.
In a city where only the rich can afford to be healthy and the careless can access fashionability I find myself scrounging for bits of propriety.

What should be said at what times?

How should one look for an occasion?

And yet love rises above what is thought of as appropriate or acceptable.
It rises about the trends and vogue of any culture.
It cannot be stopped except by the hand of ignorance.
Perhaps a smile plays on both sides of the fence. It can be loving or ignorant.

The nature of a smile notwithstanding,

What of kisses?
What of hugs?
What of gifts?
What of fucking?

Can all be one or the other,
Loving or Ignorant?

Or perhaps just rude.

0 reaction(s):