THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

9.23.2008

Daylight Not Far Behind

And thus we come to the close of yet another day.
Only this day, unlike all of the rest, made me feel so...

...so...

...intentionally vapid?

I couldn't really say without sounding like yet another one of those long-winded buffoons set so intently on coming off as brilliantly misunderstood and thus I maintain a moderation in tone.

Nonetheless, I shall remain honest.
It's my final and paramount pursuit.

Earlier, within the confines of just some more posed socializing, I remember informing (or should I say "finding verification in") a friend that we had arrived, we had become. We were, by all exterior examination, a newly finalized addendum to a preexisting clique of purportedly clique-hating elitists.

"We played our parts to perfection!"
I exclaimed with undisguised thrill and fervor.
Our bikes coasted hummingly along the 20th avenue corridor.
We were freezing in the unexpected cold and yet we still found reason to smile.
We patted ourselves on chameleon skin backs as we melded from "them" back to "us."

But how much difference might really remain?
Are the separations bleeding into noteworthy perforations in the papering of life?

Of course, with care and gentleness, we can separate ourselves from this bold tribe and yet we don't really want to.
If anything, we find it all too appealing to engross ourselves in the mendacity of a people group defined by their supposed genuineness.

And so we begin to shut the door of our closeted Gap shirts, H&M scarves, and good grades.
We deny potato chips and fast food.
We ascribe to the commonly held norms and beliefs and further fuel the ridiculousness of the drunken group think.

But what is the alternative?
Where is the true cut off between us as people and us as members?

Perhaps I ask because I don't know or perhaps I ask because I think I know and want to be satisfied with outward agreement.
Moot.

My right has been handling the entire night up until this point.
It's time for the left to step back into play.,

0 reaction(s):