THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

6.30.2008

In an age of laziness...

Having read a short segment of Steinbeck's East of Eden recently as a favor to a fellow literary fanatic, I felt something of an admonishing guilt rise from my interpretation of the author's message concerning the intrinsic qualitative nature of mankind.

Steinbeck wrote of a preternatural predisposition toward goodness, badness, or a combination of the two traits as the three existing possibilities for human character.

His exploration of these aspects came from a frustration with the insipidity of post-industrialism creativity (or a lack thereof) and I equate that problem with my lack-luster infrequency when it comes to writing these days.

I miss it.
I genuinely do.

I need to go back to the "one page a day minimum" standard again.

1 reaction(s):

Christi Krug said...

Noah,

You express your sadness so well. Yearning to write, yet turning away from it. It's more than laziness - it's dread. I talk about this on my blog, where learning to enjoy, honor and celebrate the act of writing can free a person from fussing over the end product. Maybe it'll help: www.christikrug.blogspot.com